|Date||Arena||Start Time||End Time||Group||Group|
|Oct 18||Brock||4:00 pm||4:45 pm||1||2|
|Oct 18||Brock||4:45 pm||5:30 pm||3||4|
|Oct 20||Brock||4:00 pm||4:45 pm||5||6|
|Oct 22||Brock||6:45 am||7:30 am||4||5|
|Oct 22||Brock||7:30 am||8:15 am||6||7|
|Oct 22||Brock||8:30 am||9:15 am||1||2|
|Oct 22||Brock||9:15 am||10:15 am||3|
Recreation Director: Matt Baker firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Hockey will begin the first week of October for U7 - groups and times will posted one week prior.
Under-7 (U7) PROGRAM
Hockey Canada developed the U7 program to make children's first contact with hockey a safe and positive experience. It's a structured, learn-to-play hockey program designed to introduce beginners to the game's basic skills. It enables participants to become contributing members of a team effort, develop self-confidence, and experience a sense of personal achievement. These goals are achieved in an atmosphere of fun and fair play.
The goals of the program are the following:
• to have fun while playing hockey and engaging in physical activity
• to learn the basic skills required to play the game of hockey
• to develop an understanding of basic teamwork through participation in a variety of activities
and adapted game situations
• to create and refine basic motor patterns
• to be introduced to the concepts of cooperation and fair play
• developing basic hockey skills: skating/puck handling/stopping/passing/turning/shooting
UNDER 7 YEARS OF AGE AS OF DECEMBER 31ST OF THE CURRENT SEASON
The age and skill level of the players defines the seasonal plan. The Hockey Canada skills development programs are based on progressive steps and follow the appropriate allocation of time illustrated in the skill development pyramid.
Goals for the U7 age category are:
• introduction of basic skills
• reviewing of basic skills
• refining of basic skills
The U7 program recommends the following practice time allotment.
• 85% technical skills/15% individual tactics/ 0% team tactics/team play/strategy
Hockey Canada's U7 Program has four levels of instruction designed for beginning hockey players. Each level represents a different set of skill progression. At the beginning of the program, players are evaluated according to ability and placed in the appropriate program level.
The program emphasizes the basic hockey skills: skating, puck handling, passing and shooting.
Each skill is introduced and refined in a progressive one step at a time manner.
Children learn and develop through participating in practice drills and informal and modified games (such as shinny, freeze-tag and obstacle courses).
Although the emphasis is on fun and progressive skill development, the U7 Program also allows youngsters to experience:
• Fair Play