2020-21 SEASON REGISTRATION
Updated information for New Players July 15th, 2020 -
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 and the uncertain times we are in, Kamloops Minor Hockey will not be able to accept Non-Skaters at this time. Extreme difficulties surround our ability to put non-skaters on the ice while following social distancing guidelines. Players must have the ability to skate and stand up by themselves if they fall down. Any player registered with our association will have their skating assessed to meet the minimum expectations. Should the heath authority relax social distancing guidelines, KMHA may consider adding additional programming for non-skaters. If you have already registered a non-skater, please contact email@example.com to withdraw your registration and receive a full refund. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated information June 9th, 2020 -
The payment deadline has been extended but fees will still be required to be paid in full by September 1st or prior to the first ice time, whichever comes first.
All players will receive the early registration fee this season.
After July 1st, we will be wait listing all players (including new players, transferring players and players that did not participate with us last season, excluding players that played on BC Hockey hosted teams), until we know how many players we have room for.
New Players will require a Hockey Canada ID to register. The ID number can be obtained by completing the Respect In Sport (Parent) course or, if you have taken the course in the past, add the new player in Child Management and a Hockey ID will be created for them.
For more Information on the Respect In Sport (Parent) course, please go to our Resources page - https://kamloopsminorhockey.com/resources/
All New Players are required to provide a Birth Certificate, either by uploading online at the time of registration or by email to email@example.com
Transferring Players will be added to the wait list once we receive their transfer documents. For transfer information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE NOT COLLECTING FEES FOR WAIT LISTED PLAYERS UNTIL WE CAN CONFIRM THAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR THEM. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY FEES TO KMHA IF YOUR CHILD IS WAITLISTED.
|AGE BY DEC. 31ST||BIRTH YEAR||DIVISION||EARLY REGISTRATION RATE (BY JULY 1ST)||REGISTRATION RATE (AFTER JULY 1ST)||TRYOUT FEE|
|4-5-6||2014-2016||U7 (Initiation) - First time players||n/a||235.00||n/a|
|15-16-17||2003-2005||U18 (Midget) Recreation||465.00||565.00||n/a|
|15-16-17||2003-2005||U18 (Midget) Rep||565.00||665.00||150.00|
|15-16-17||2003-2005||U18 (Midget) Female||565.00||665.00||150.00|
|18 (Overage)||2002||U18 (Midget) Recreation||465.00||565.00||n/a|
|18 (Overage)||2002||U18 (Midget) Female Recreation||565.00||665.00||n/a|
- Fees for the 2020/21 Kamloops MHA season have not increased, however, you will be charged a processing fee if you choose to pay online at the time of registration. The Team Snap Processing Fee is 2.79% + $0.99/transaction.
- If registering 3 or more players from the same family, a multi-player discount of $300 total will be applied.
- Offline payment options include Interac e-transfer (send to email@example.com – no password required – please be sure to include the players name in the comments), debit, visa, master card or cheque at the KMHA office, visa or master card over the phone (2% fee added to all credit card transactions processed through the KMHA office).
- A $40 NSF fee will be charged on any returned cheques. Refunds will be given for cancelled registrations only. The refund will be less a $50 administration fee and pro-rated based on the cancellation date. No refunds will be given after December 31st.
- Funding (KidSport, Jumpstart, etc.) – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are applying for funding. Any amounts not covered by funding will be due and payable before the player(s) are allowed on the ice. If you pay fees to KMHA and then obtain funding we will reimburse you. You must apply directly to the funding organization. KMHA does not apply for funding on your behalf. Please apply for funding as soon as possible to avoid having your child’s registration cancelled due to non-payment of fees.
- The deadline to receive the Early Registration Rate is July 1st. This means you must register online and pay fees in full by July 1st. Registrations that are not paid by July 1st will be cancelled without notification. Cancelled registrations will be subject to the Regular Registration Rate if re-registration occurs.
- No players are allowed on the ice without fees being paid in full.
- New and transferring player registrations will be accepted starting on July 2nd.
- Zone, AAA and Junior team tryouts (applies to U15 and U18 aged rep players) – please send an email to email@example.com of your intention to tryout for these teams. Fees are not due for players that are trying out for other teams until it is determined that the player will be participating in our tryouts, at which time the fees are due in full. To receive the Early Registration Rate you must still register by July 1st.
- U11 (Atom) Development and Rep team tryouts will begin at the end of August. Tryout fees are non-refundable. Tryout lists will be posted on our website.
- Players selected to a Rep team will pay an additional fee of $400, at the time of carding, once teams are finalized. Players selected to a U11 (Atom) Development team will pay an additional fee of $300, at the time of carding, once teams are finalized. Carding fees are non-refundable.
- Team fees – U11 (Atom) Development and Rep team parents will be required to contribute a monthly amount toward the team budget (budgets will vary depending on the age group and the tier of the team). Team fees for Recreation players typically vary between $150 - $250 per season, depending on the teams budget and level of team fundraising planned.
- A jersey deposit of $100 is collected for all new players to our association. This is a one-time fee that is refunded to you when your child no longer registers with our association, provided the jersey(s) worn by your child have been returned at the end of each season in acceptable condition.
- Goaltenders – KMHA reserves the right to limit the number of goaltenders per division. Registrants in U13 (Peewee) and above, wishing to participate as a goaltender must register as such and are required to provide their own goaltending equipment. Due to the large number of goaltenders in some age groups, registrations for this position will be accepted based on the date of registration. We will waitlist goaltenders once the registration limit is met until we are able to determine the exact number of teams. Every effort will be made to accommodate all goaltenders.
- Kamloops MHA made it mandatory starting in the 2013-14 season that all players have a parent/guardian take the Respect In Sport (Parent) course prior to participation. Once the course is complete it will appear on the players Hockey Canada profile. Players will not be allowed to participate until this course is complete. Information and the link to take the course can be found on the Resources page.
- Overage U18 (Midget) players – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be put on the list for participation as an Overage Player on a KMHA U18 Recreation team. We will not know until after July 1st if BC Hockey will allow us to have Overage Players on U18 teams. Players will be waitlisted in the order of the email being received. Emails received prior to July 1st will qualify the player for the Early Registration Rate. Fees for waitlisted Overage U18 players will not be due until we can determine if we can accommodate them. Priority will be given to males for the U18 Recreation Division teams. Females will be waitlisted for participation on a U18 Female Recreation team.
- Female Hockey – KMHA tries to have female only teams in all divisions after U7 (Initiation). The number of females registering for female-only teams (both rep and recreation) will determine the number of female-only teams that we have.
- Carpooling/Team Placement requests - due to the large number of players in our association and the need to try and balance teams, requests to be on a specific team with another player/coach will not be accepted.
- Kamloops KidSport
- KMHA Membership Code of Conduct
- BC Hockey Conduct Policy 4.06 Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco and Illegal Activity
Inside the lobby of the McArthur Island Sport and Event Centre, 1665 Island Parkway, Kamloops.
PO Box 24018, 70 - 700 Tranquille Road,
Kamloops, BC V2B 8R3